- There are icons in the folders.
- The file name contains illegal characters in FAT32 format, such as \ / < > * ? | “ \r \t.
To back up files or folders in the above condition, you need to format the USB/SATA backup disk in Native format on the “Main Menu > Control Panel > External Devices” page.
Note: Formatting disk will delete all data on the USB/SATA disk. Please back up data on the USB/SATA disk before formatting it.
- The server is configured with a fixed IP address instead of via DHCP.
- The service of Data Replicator 3 is not blocked by the firewall or other anti-virus systems.
- The connection to the server is not occupied by other network services on the PC client. The auto-connect feature will work properly if other network services are disconnected.
- Make sure network backup service has been enabled for the Synology NAS. The option can be found at Backup and Replication > Backup Services > Network Backup Destination.
- When performing backup, make sure you are using “root” or “rsync” for the Synology NAS user name and “NetBackup” for the backup module, for example: rsync -a –timeout=600 /volume1/public firstname.lastname@example.org::NetBackup/test/, where 192.168.1.81 stands for the IP address of the Synology NAS.
- The installed rsync is version 2.6.6 or later, or rsync protocol version 29 or later. To obtain the correct rsync version, please go to http://rsync.samba.org/.
To avoid this problem, please choose either of the following solutions:
- Set the user quota on the volume containing your Time Machine target shared folder. At most, a user may be limited to using 4095 GB of a specific shared folder. To set a user quota, please do the following:
- Login to DiskStation Manager using an account with administrator privileges.
- Go to Main Menu > Control Panel > User and double-click the user created for Time Machine backup.
- Click the Quota tab and enter a value under the Quota column.
- Click OK.
- Create a volume that is smaller than 16 TB and set up your Time Machine shared folder on it. Please go to Main Menu> Storage Manager > Volume, and click Create to create a volume.
- OVH rsync server
- After using rsync remote shell commands to upload a directory, the rsync server is unable to find the uploaded directory at the expected path.