- Video: All video files can be transcoded into MP4 format.
- Audio: All audio files can be transcoded into MP3 format.
- Image: Support BMP, JPG, JPEG, JPE, and PNG.
- Text: Support messages from text strings, text files, and RSS. The scrolling speed is adjustable.
- Clock: Support digital, analog, and multiple real-time clocks.
- PDF: Support PDF files (Above Microsoft Office 2010).
- Power Point: Support Office Power Point files (Above Microsoft Office 2010).
- HTML: Support HTML with website URL.
If you don’t want to transcode the high resolution video, just don’t check “ Enable Video Transcode “ in create new layout page, then you can keep the original resolution content.
Please note arm-based Turbo NAS models do not support this QPKG.
Eenabling TCP/ IP networking of the MySQL server configuration can make it work (MySQL Server -> Enable TCP/IP Networking).
phpMyAdmin is also required to be installed and utilized in order to set the user privilege for remote host(s) connection.
Due to the Windows system, using “Shift+Delete” will affect the integrity of files in the team folder because Windows will first send to Qsync the delete command and then Qsync will get the command to delete the team folder. When deleting files/folders using Qsync, we recommend only using “Delete” as it will leave team folders then move files to the recycle bin. For the integrity of data, “Delete” is the way to protect your data in NAS.
Qsync generally allows up to 256 members to share files (including the owner of the team folder.) However, low-end QNAP NAS models may lack the performance needed to reach this number. To avoid overloading a low-end QNAP NAS, we recommend restricting the number of users.
Please note: For sharing with a large amount of users (for example, across a department) you can use the shared folder and sync them on local devices.
- Switch to use XDove, or
- Remove the XDove hidden folder under the qpkg folder and proceed to Step 2.
- Remove the XMail QPKG
- Login to the NAS via SSH (e.g. using PuTTY)
- Delete all symbolic link folders under /share/QWeb
- Reinstall the XMail QPKG
a. The NAS is not connected to a network.
b. You are unable to reach to the NAS due to incorrect network settings.
c. Container Station has been uninstalled or disabled.